To use sidelineHD, you must start a livestream. This process varies depending on what camera you're using.
- Instructions for Mevo users
- Instructions for GoPro users
- Instructions for smart phone camera users (Larix Broadcaster app)
- I'm new to streaming
Instructions for Mevo users
This section assumes you have already setup your Mevo to stream to sidelineHD's RTMP destination. If you have not, you can learn how to do so here.
- Turn on your Mevo and open the Mevo mobile app.
- Choose your Mevo's connection settings by pressing "Configure Mevo." If your phone is connected to WiFi or a hotspot, then choose that same network. If not, select "Mevo Hotspot" to use your phone's cellular connection.
- Connect to your Mevo. You can do this by pressing the "Connect" button from the Mevo home screen shown above.
- Press the big, red button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Choose "720p" from the options on the top. Do NOT choose 1080p.
TIP: If you are using the Mevo Hotspot (cellular data connection) and your stream is going up/down in a matter of seconds dowshift this setting to 480p or 360p, until you can maintain your stream.
- Select "RTMP" from the destination options listed.
- Select the camera you set up with sidelineHD. If you have not set up a camera or do not see any options listed after selecting "RTMP", then see this article to learn how to create a camera.
- Press "GO LIVE". Shortly after, you should receive a text from sidelineHD saying that your stream is UP. If you are receiving errors from Mevo when you try to go live, see this article to find a solution.
Instructions for GoPro users
See this article to start streaming with a GoPro.
Instructions for smart phone camera users (Larix broadcaster app)
This section assumes you have already setup your Larix app to stream to sidelineHD's RTMP destination. If you have not, you can learn how to do so here.
- Open the Larix broadcaster mobile app.
- Double check that you are ready to stream to sidelineHD by pressing the gear icon and then "Connections". You should see a camera that starts with "sidelineHD". That camera should have a blue check mark next to it. If it does not, then press that camera. If you don't see a sidelineHD camera or you haven't paired your Larix app yet, see this article to do so.
- Go to the home screen on the Larix app, and press the big, red button on the right side of the screen. Shortly after, you should receive a text from sidelineHD saying that your stream is UP.