NOTE: livestreaming only works with GoPro Hero models 7 or greater.
Streaming with your GoPro
A step-by-step guide...
Step 1: Power on your camera
- Power on your camera. Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display.
- Swipe left and select "Connections" and then tap on "Connect Device."
Step 2: Download the app
- Download the GoPro mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Open the app
- Select the camera icon at the top right corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera.
Step 3: Connect your camera
- Press the blue "Connect" button.
- If this button doesn't appear, double-check that your phone's bluetooth is on and that your GoPro is in pairing mode.
Step 4: Set up streaming
- Swipe left on the row of buttons at the bottom of the screen to get to a button that reads "Set up live".
- Press that button.
- When prompted, select "RTMP" as your streaming destination. You may have to remove the default Facebook setting to do so.
- When prompted, enter in your RTMP information provided by sidelineHD. You can find this information by going to the sidelineHD website --> "Streaming" tab --> Your GoPro camera --> "Camera info". We strongly recommend copy and pasting this text to ensure there are no typos.
- Press "Set up Live Stream".
Step 5: Go LIVE
- Press "Go Live" to start the stream. You should receive a text message shortly after doing so. If you do not receive the text, double check that all your RTMP information is accurate.