Getting a scoreboard on your livestream is one of the coolest parts about livestreaming with sidelineHD, and when it's not working, that can be quite frustrating. Let's go through some potential causes of this issue...
- Is your livestream UP?
- Did you get a text message from sidelineHD
- Is your scoring device's connection good enough?
- Are you properly paired with iScore?
- Have you started scoring on iScore with your team?
Is your livestream UP?
You can't get a scoreboard without a livestream. You will know that your livestream is UP when you can watch it LIVE on YouTube or Facebook. If this livestream doesn't have a scoreboard, you should at least see your team name in the top right corner.
If your livestream is not UP or you don't see your team name on the livestream, see this article to learn how to start your livestream with sidelineHD.
Did you get a text message from sidelineHD?
When you go LIVE with sidelineHD, we text you that your stream is UP. If you haven't received this text, see this article to learn how to start your livestream with sidelineHD.
Is your scoring device's connection good enough?
Even if you're scoring on your phone or tablet, your scoreboard will not appear if your connection is too poor. Go to your phone's WiFi and cellular settings and make sure that you are connected to the correct WiFi network or hotspot. Important: do NOT connect your phone to the Mevo hotspot. If you are using cellular data, check how strong your service is. If it is bad, you will not be able to score the game. To combat this in the future, you could consider investing in a hotspot.
Are you properly paired with iScore?
You can check your iScore pairing status by going to the "Scoring" tab within the sidelineHD website.
If it says "No scoring app paired", then click the "Pair iScore" button and follow the steps provided.
If it says you are paired, it will also show your team's recent games. If the game you are trying to score does not appear here, that is a major red flag indicating something is wrong. From here, you have two options...
OPTION 1: Reset iScore. This option is easiest and recommended if you don't have valuable stats stored on your iScore app. See this article for a step-by-step guide of this process.
OPTION 2: Pair team manually. This option is best if you have valuable stats stored on your iScore app.
- Go to "TEAM MANAGER" within the iScore app.
- If your team is listed more than once...delete the wrong version(s) of your team and keep the one you care about.
- If your team is not listed...go to the "Scoring" tab on the sidelineHD website. If your team is not paired, click the "Pair iScore" button, then "Transfer sidelineHD roster to iScore", and then follow the steps provided. If your team is paired, click "Sync team to iScore" and follow the steps provided. Create an iScore game with this new team by going to "GAME MANAGER" within the iScore app. Start scoring the game and wait a minute. Your scoreboard should appear.
- If your team is listed once and only once, continue to the next step.
- Go to the "Scoring" tab on the sidelineHD website. Select the "DELETE" icon that looks like a trash can.
- Select "Pair iScore", then "Use existing iScore team", and then follow the steps provided.
- Create an iScore game with this new team by going to "GAME MANAGER" within the iScore app. Start scoring the game and wait a minute. Your scoreboard should appear.
Do you have recent scoring data?
If there are no scoring events within the last 5 minutes, sidelineHD does not show the scoreboard. Try adding some balls and strikes, wait a minute, and see if that does the trick.
Make sure that either the Home or Away team is the same team that is listed in the top right corner of your livestream (see above image). If the teams do not match, create a new iScore game with the correct team and start scoring it. Wait a minute and see if that does the trick. If your team is not an option within your iScore app when creating a new game, see "Are you properly paired with iScore?" to fix your iScore pairing.