As a new season rolls around, here are recommended steps to get sidelineHD ready!
1) Create a new team or keep your existing one?
In most cases, we recommend creating a new team for each season.
With our roster rollover tool, it's easy to transfer players to a new team. Transferred players (if claimed) will have videos from ALL their teams on a single player page.
Keep your existing team if:
- You are staying with the same organization
- You have a small number of changes, such as adding a new player
Create a new team if:
- You have changed organizations or want to make significant changes to your team name or handle
- You are removing multiple players or coaches
- iScore users should create new teams if they need to make multiple changes (such as swapping player jersey numbers, add/remove several players).
- If you are using iScore and have mismatched players on screen, start with a clean slate by creating a new team.
To create a new team,
To refresh your existing team's profile, continue below.
2) Modify and Update Team Profile at sidelineHD.com/home
Click on EDIT TEAM PROFILE
Make necessary changes:
3) Make Roster Deactivations and Additions
- Visit sidelineHD.com/home to see your roster
- Add new players
- You’ll need :
- Player names and jersey #’s
- Parent phone number. A parent phone number is required to complete a player profile, so that each player's card can be displayed in overlays. We use it to send in-game texts to team families, our most coveted feature!
- Send new parents a link to our player-manager HELP folder: http://help.sidelinehd.com/support/solutions/folders/69000445419
- If you are an iScore user, perform a roster re-sync AFTER adding new players to your sidelineHD roster. This transfers new players to your device (but does not make any changes to existing players on your device).
- You’ll need :
- Deactivate players not participating in the upcoming season.
- Deactivation vs Deletion:
- Team managers can DEACTIVATE former players.
- DEACTIVATED players are no longer members of the team community and will be hidden from team and public pages. Past highlights will remain available for them to download. They will not have access to play-by-play game summaries.
- If a player is unclaimed, they may be .
- DELETED players will have all of their clips permanently deleted.
Help families preserve their player’s memories!
Note that deleting a player PERMANENTLY DELETES any highlight clips for that player. In most cases, it is better to deactivate a player. Deactivated players will be hidden from team and public pages.
Click on the . . ., Select DEACTIVATE
PLAY BALL and have a great season!