Here's what you need to stream softball or baseball games with sidelineHD:
- Phone or tablet to score the game.
- Phone for your streaming camera. Use a modern phone, as they have the best antennas and connectivity.
- Mounting solution for the fence or a tripod and power pack.
- Shade for the camera. Pack a white towel or hat to keep the camera out of direct sunlight.
Here is our recommended equipment for first time softball or baseball streamers:
1/ Fence Mount:
This is placed on the fence behind home plate to the left or right of the umpire as far above your you can mount it. Both options below allow for cell phone mount or accommodate other livestreaming camera solutions. Here are two companies we use and recommend with similar price points, neither are available on Amazon.
- Smartphones on chain link
- Recommend the Standard, + Small Rig and Phone Mount
- Can convert to Mevo Camera with no additional equipment required.
FenceClip: Heavy Duty
- Smartphones on chain link
- No adapter required, everything you need is included
- Can convert to Mevo Camera with no additional equipment required
- Use sidelineHD Promo Code: SHD22H to save 15%
You can click here find all other recommended on Amazon: SidelineHD Softball/Baseball: Recommended Purchase Kit
2/ Tripod or Magnet (Optional):
There are field locations that don't permit placing a mount on the backstop or they are netted backstops, our preferred method. Consider the fields you frequent and choose what is best for you. If a fence mount isn't an option our next up is a magnet mount on a fence pole, then tripod. Here are two we recommend. **Note: You will need a phone mount for both options. We have linked below.
This is usually placed behind the backstop to the left or right of the umpire backed away from the fence a bit. Some tripods have bag hooks so you can add stabilizing weight.
One option is the Amazon Basics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod.
Magnet: Magnetic Camera Stand Magnetic Foot Mini Ball Head Heavy Duty
is is usually placed behind the backstop to the left or right of the umpire backed away from the fence a bit. Some tripods have bag hooks so you can add stabilizing weight.
3/ Tripod or magnet mount for phone (needed for tripod or magnet mount)
This mounts your streaming device to the tripod.
Some options: Smartphone Tripod Mount
4/ Power bank and cord (needed)
Streaming uses a lot of battery power.
One option: 30,800mAh LCD Display Power Bank, Multiple Connector Power Cords (Apple + Android Compatible)
5/ Tool Pouch: (needed)
Streaming uses a lot of battery power keep your device plugged into a power bank and use this bag with caribeaner to clip to the fence. Tool Bags Canvas,Heavy Duty
6/ Weight bag (optional for tripod)
This is great for stabilizing tripods and holding battery chargers.
One option: Selens Tripod Weight Bag
To see all of these recommendations in one place, click here:
Amazon: SidelineHD Softball/Baseball: Recommended Purchase Kit