We release experimental features to benefit our advanced user community
Why might I want to use SRT?
- More reliable data transmission in certain situations.
What should I know?
- SRT works as any other sidelineHD advanced camera source.
- You will get UP / DOWN text messages as before.
Creating your SRT URL:
1/ Go to your STREAMING tab.
2/ If you don't already have an advanced camera, create one. If your advanced camera is not a Mevo, click on "Edit camera" to change camera type to Mevo.
3/ Get your stream key by clicking on Camera info >> Manually enter RTMP. Copy the Stream Key field.
Your SRT URL is:
(in the above, 0="zero")
For example, let's say your stream key is: s03-wwww-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz. Your SRT URL would then be:
In some situations, you may need to use this longer URL:
NOTE: URL parameters are subject to change
SRT parameters / notes:
- We recommend H.265 (HEVC). There are easier ways to send us H.264.
- Do not exceed 4mbit (maxbw = 625000).
- Do not exceed 1080p.
- For time-sync parity, we currently force a latency = 3000ms.
Questions / Feedback?
Experimental features are minimally supported. Please submit written tickets via https://help.sidelinehd.com/.