We release experimental features to benefit our advanced user community
Why might I want to use SRT?
- SRT is another method to send your stream to sidelineHD. You will get the same UP/DOWN messages, the same publishing to FB/YT, and the same clips.
- The SRT protocol allows you to use HEVC (H.265) video compression, which sends the same quality video in 1/2 the bandwidth. (Note: the fastest way to get started with HEVC is to use the Larix Broadcaster app.)
- More reliable data transmission in certain situations.
Why might I NOT want to use SRT?
- This is an "early feature" in the Mevo app. It's (currently) harder to use than Mevo's RTMP features. There is no connection status information, no support for one-click configuration.
- This is not supported by the Mevo Multicam app.
What should I know?
- SRT works as any other sidelineHD advanced camera source.
- You will get UP / DOWN text messages as before.
What do I need?
- Mevo Start camera
- Mevo single-cam app
- You have successfully added your Mevo camera and streamed to sidelineHD via RTMP.
How do I configure my Mevo app?
1/ Login to sidelineHD and go to your STREAMING tab. If you don't already have an advanced camera, create one. If your advanced camera is not a Mevo, click on "Edit camera" to change camera type to Mevo.
2/ Get your stream key by clicking on Camera info >> Manually enter RTMP. Copy the Stream Key field.
Your Stream ID is:
For example, let's say your stream key is: s03-wwww-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz
Your Stream ID would then be:
NOTE: URL parameters are subject to change
3/ Enter your Mevo single cam-app. All SRT functions are available by clicking on SETTINGS (the gear icon). Click on SRT Settings.
4/ Make the following settings
[Q2: For mobile applications, the bw should go down to 1Mbit for 720p]
Starting and stopping the stream
To toggle streaming ON/OFF, go to SETTINGS (gear icon).
"SRT" shows when streaming is activated. The indicator light on your Mevo transitions from GREEN to RED when there is a working connection.
CAUTION: this screen does not (yet) show stream status. There is no feedback on connection status or quality. We recommend monitoring your sidelineHD connection status messages.
Questions / Feedback?
Experimental features are minimally supported. For Mevo help, contact Mevo or use the Mevo Customer Group on Facebook. Please submit written tickets via https://help.sidelinehd.com/.